Casimir Jones Life Sciences Patent Academy
Who is Casimir Jones?
Casimir Jones is a boutique life sciences patent law firm located in Madison, WI, with a satellite office in Raleigh, NC. Our clients range from large corporations to universities to start-up companies.
What is the Casimir Jones Life Sciences Patent Academy?
The Casimir Jones Life Sciences Patent Academy is a free program that introduces diverse participants to the field of patent law, provides exclusive training, practice materials, and mentorship, and teaches how to effectively and efficiently draft and prosecute high-quality patent applications in the life science area. The goal of this program is to help increase the number of diverse candidates entering the patent field in life sciences.
The Casimir Jones Life Science Patent Academy is comprised of three courses:
- Patent Basics
- Patent Drafting
- Patent Prosecution
Courses will consist of regularly scheduled online classes hosted by Casimir Jones attorneys. Classes will be held on Tuesday evenings for 2 hours from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Central Standard Time (CST). Additionally, practice assignments and one-on-one mentorship will be available throughout the course.
Patent Academy Schedule
- Patent Basics Course
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021 – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm CST
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021 – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm CST
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021 –6:00 pm to 8:00 pm CST
- Tuesday, August 3, 2021 – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm CST
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021 – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm CST
- Patent Drafting Course – Coming Fall 2021
- Patent Prosecution – Coming Winter 2022
To enroll, a person must meet the following requirements:
- Have or are obtaining a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in one or more of the following disciplines: agriculture, biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, botany, cellular biology, developmental biology, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, genetics, neuroscience, organic or medicinal chemistry, an M.D. degree in medicine or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university;
- Is able and willing to commit to every scheduled class in the selected course; and
- Is female and/or considered a minority in the legal field, pursuant to the Vault and Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) Guidelines [African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Alaska Native/American Indian, Asian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Multiracial, Openly Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender/Other Sexual Orientation, U.S. Veteran, and/or Individual with Disabilities]