Anne Reynolds has ten years of experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the U.S. and abroad, and focuses her practice mainly in the areas of chemistry and biotechnology. She also provides clients with patentability, freedom-to-operate, invalidity, and non-infringement opinions, conducts due diligence reviews, and provides strategic intellectual property advice to clients of all sizes including pharmaceutical companies, specialty chemical companies, and universities.
Dr. Reynolds has a diverse research background in organic, inorganic, and biological chemistry. Her breadth of research experience allows her to quickly grasp new technologies, and she has worked with clients to protect their innovations in the areas of small molecule therapeutics, drug formulations, methods of disease treatment, polymers, carbohydrates, catalysts, research tools, and nutraceuticals.
Shareholder, Casimir Jones S.C., 2021-present
Associate, Casimir Jones S.C., 2018-2021
Associate, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, 2017-2018
Patent Agent / Senior Patent Agent, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, 2010-2016
Technology Specialist / Patent Agent, Lando & Anastasi LLP, 2008-2010
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005-2008
Graduate Research Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota, 1999-2005
University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D. (summa cum laude, Order of the Coif), 2016
University of Minnesota, Ph.D., Chemistry, 2005
Northwestern University, B.A., Chemistry (departmental honors), 1999
State Bar of Wisconsin
United States Patent and Trademark Office
1. Mueller, L.L.; Reynolds, A.M. “USPTO Launches Cancer Immunotherapy Pilot Program.” The National Law Review, June 30, 2016.
2. Barthelmes, K.; Reynolds, A.M.; Peisach, E.; Jonker, H.; Allen, K. N.; Imperiali, B.; Schwalbe, H. “Engineering Encodable Lanthanide Binding Tags (LBTs) into Loop Regions of Proteins.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 808-819 (2011).
3. Reynolds, A. M., Sculimbrene, B. R., Imperiali, B. “Lanthanide-Binding Tags with Unnatural Amino Acids: Sensitizing Tb3+ and Eu3+ Luminescence at Longer Wavelengths.” Bioconjugate Chem. 19, 588-591 (2008).
4. Reynolds, A. M., Gherman, B. F., Cramer, C. J., Tolman, W. B. “Characterization of a 1:1 Cu/O2 Adduct Supported by an Anilido-Imine Ligand.” Inorg. Chem. 44, 6989-6997 (2005).
5. Reynolds, A. M., Lewis, E. A., Aboelella, N. W. & Tolman, W. B. “Reactivity of a 1:1 copper-oxygen complex: isolation of a Cu(II)-o-iminosemiquinonato species.” Chem. Commun. 2014-2016 (2005).
6. Aboelella, N. W., York, J. T., Reynolds, A. M., Fujita, K., Kinsinger, C. R., Riordan, C. G., Cramer C. J. & Tolman, W. B. “Mixed metal bis(-oxo) complexes with [CuM(-O)2]n+ (M = Ni(III) or Pd(II)) cores.” Chem. Commun. 1716-1717 (2004).
7. Aboelella, N. W., Reynolds, A. M. & Tolman, W. B. “Catching copper in the act.” (Perspective) Science 304, 836-837 (2004).
8. Brown, E. C., Aboelella, N. W., Reynolds, A. M., Aullón, G., Alvarez, S. & Tolman. W. B. “A new class of (-2:2-disulfido)dicopper complexes: synthesis, characterization, and disulfide exchange.” Inorg. Chem. 43, 3335-3337 (2004).
9. Kryatov, S. V., Chavez, F. A., Reynolds, A. M., Rybak-Akimova, E. V., Que, L. Jr. & Tolman, W. B. “Mechanistic studies on the formation and reactivity of dioxygen adducts of diiron complexes supported by sterically hindered carboxylates.” Inorg. Chem. 43, 2141-2150 (2004).
10. Jazdzewski, B. A., Reynolds, A. M., Holland, P. L., Young, V. G. Jr., Kaderli, S., Zuberbühler A. D. & Tolman, W. B. “Copper(I)-phenolate complexes as models of the reduced active site of galactose oxidase: synthesis, characterization, and O2 reactivity.” J. Biol. Inorg. Chem. 8, 381-393 (2003).
11. Spencer, D. J. E., Reynolds, A. M., Holland, P. L., Jazdzewski, B. A., Duboc-Toia, C., Le Pape, L., Yokota, S., Tachi, Y., Itoh, S. & Tolman, W. B. “Copper chemistry of -diketiminate ligands: monomer/dimer equilibria and a new class of bis(-oxo)dicopper compounds.” Inorg. Chem. 42, 6307-6321 (2002).
12. Aboelella, N. W., Lewis, E. A., Reynolds, A. M., Brennessel, W. W., Cramer C. J. & Tolman, W. B. “Snapshots of dioxygen activation by copper: the structure of a 1:1 Cu/O2 adduct and its use in syntheses of asymmetric bis(-oxo) complexes.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 124, 10660-10661 (2002).
13. Spencer, D. J. E., Aboelella, N. W., Reynolds, A. M., Holland, P. L. & Tolman, W. B. “-diketiminate ligand backbone structural effects on Cu(I)/O2 reactivity: unique copper-superoxo and bis(-oxo) complexes.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 124, 2108-2109 (2002).
14. Swift, J. A., Reynolds, A. M. & Ward, M. D. “Cooperative host-guest recognition in crystalline clathrates: steric guest ordering by molecular gears.” Chem. Mater. 10, 4159-4168 (1998).
15. Swift, J. A., Pivovar, A. M., Reynolds, A. M. & Ward, M. D. “Template-directed architectural isomerism of open molecular frameworks: engineering of crystalline clathrates.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 120, 5887-5894 (1998).